Now that I've launched dBaines 2011 I thought I'd release db2010 for the world to download and dissect. I hope to make this a traditionDownload db2010 for WordPress (4.52mb) Download db2010 for ZenPhoto (55kb)
A brief run-down of features for the WordPress theme:
- Perfect integration with ZenPhoto 1.3
- Uses HTML5 and CSS3
- No Support for IE6 - May work, untested, not likely.
- Homepage Template that pulls latest ZenPhoto posts
- Search bar searches wordpress if you're on a wordpress page, searches zenphoto if you're on a zenphoto page.
- Admin Bar (defunct now since WordPress 3.1 comes with it's own admin bar)
- Tutorial post type with custom display
- QuickUpdate post type with custom display
- Microthemes with cookie
- Custom admin login theme
- All plugins fallback to either default functionality or display friendly fallback message.
- Various helpful shortcodes:
- Download buttons
- Demo/Download buttons for script releases
- Subheadings (h2 with a class)
- Important/Info/Error messages
- Inline Code
- GeSHi styled Codebox, doesn't rely on a plugin
A brief run-down of features for the ZenPhoto theme:
- Completely static homepage category display. Unfortunately I just couldn't get the logic down to display the homepage dynamically without doing crazy things with subcategories and what-not.
- Absolutely relies on the WordPress template. The header, subsection and footer are all dynamic and pulled from WordPress.
- Matched very closely in style to the WordPress theme. I tried to make it as tight of an integration as a could.
Supported plugins out of the box:
- ZenPressed (specifically a highly modified version with features for sliders)
- WP AudioScrobbler
- Breadcrumbs NavXT
- Facebook Like
- Get Custom Field Values
- WP PageNavi
You can find more detail at the initial db2010 announcement post.
I'll try and link these all to their appropriate places soon. In the meantime a quick google should show appropriate results.
- Silk Icons
- Function Icons
- EasySlider 1.7
- YUI CSS base
Do's and Don't's
You are completely free to re-work this theme and use it on your own personal blog or website.
You are completely free to use snippets of code or techniques used/learned from this theme in your own theme.
You are completely free to re-develop this theme and release it for any platform (including as a standalone WordPress theme.) I only ask that you keep a credit to me (a comment in the CSS file or header.php will be fine) and that you release it for free.