I've uploaded my current WordPress theme as a Github project, freely available for WordPress hackers of the world to dissect and learn from. So if there's anything here that you've seen and thought, "How the hell is he making that happen?" well, now you can find out! Feel free to download, use, dissect, play-with or do nasty, nasty things that you really shouldn't tell anyone about.
Version 1.7 - 2012-01-17
- FINAL VERSION - Superceded by the 2012 theme.
- Re-arranged and styled the author info box at the bottom of loop-single.php, shows up when user has filled out their profile
- Styled Author Archives page
- Multiple Size Favicon (64, 32, 16)
- Added a little "sticky" icon/flag for sticky posts
- Switched from EasySlider to SudoSlider
- Removed left over Google Prettify code
Version 1.6 - 2011-08-22
- Fixed the excessive PRE tags in Geshi causing massive padding everywhere. (This was actually part of the last update, I just forgot to document it)
- Minified the customised EasySlider script in plugins.js
- Fixed accesskey 2 for about link
- Updated download shortcode to open in new window, removed "Download" part of title text so you can use it as a pretty link button instead.
- Added "or" between load more button and show pagination
- Added some logic to show a disabled load more button if there are no more posts to load
- Added an error message if the loadMore button fails to load the next page
- Adapted post-icons to allow for multiple icons using some jQuery (dbaines.js)
Version 1.5 - 2011-08-21
- Removed changelog from style.css for older releases. Still available at GitHub and the URL at the top of the file.
- Updated to Modernizr 2.0.6 Custom
- Removed border-top for active menu item when using wordpress menus, since custom post types were showing the blog as being active, rather than the correct parent page. Bug in WordPress?
- Added custom close button for colorbox
- Added a blue hover state to the homepage logo link
- Implemented Google Code Prettify to replace GeSHi, but changed back due to quirks of Prettify (namely line number incrementing, copy and paste issues and other things GeSHi does better) - I've left the code in /functions/functions.shortcodes.prettify.php
- As a result of the above I've moved the GeSHi stuff in to functions/functions.shortcodes.geshi.php for hot swapping action
- Added "Show Pagination" link to the load more posts button. Shows wp-pagenavi links next to the load more button. LoadMoreButton also pulls in the wp-pagenavi from each page so if the user loads a few pages and then shows the pagination, it shows the relevant page as being current.
- Fixes to the Load More feature:
- Functionised&tm; the part of the dbaines.js file that adds colorbox classes to everything so we can call it after the new page has been loaded
- Called gapi.plusone.go after a successful load so the google plus buttons are rendered.
- Rejiggered the ajax call for the loadMore link to only do one .load() and then cherrypick the things to go to places and what not
- Added some accesskeys:
- 0: Takes the user to the new accessibility page
- 1: Homepage
- 2: About
- 3: Blog
- 4: Portfolio
- 5: Search
- 6: Sitemap
- 9: Contact Page
- S: Skip to Content
Version 1.4 - 2011-08-04
- Styled figcaption for codebox
- Added aprilfools.css for headache inducing fun come April-time
- Added WordPress Option: Google Analytics UA Code
- Added WordPress Option: Enable WordPress Menu - Uses a WordPress menu, "Main Menu" as the main navigation instead of the hardcoded links
- Added WordPress Option: Replace 'friends' with 'blogroll' links
- Added WordPress Option: All posts have thumbnails - includes shiny new generic post-thumbnail.png
- Added WordPress Option: AJAX Post Loading - Facebook/twitter esque post loading technique
- Removed -webkit-appearance from search input
- Added Google +1 buttons to search results
- Added .2 seconds of transitions (of various vendors) to the top-level nav links for fun and profit
- Gave .homepageSlider h2 1px of text shadow blur to fix the shadow being white in chrome 12/13.
- Added line-height: 1.5 to p,ul - if it affects too many things I'll specify it to content areas only.
- Hardware Acceleration (via the "Magic Bullet" -webkit-transform: translateZ(0);) given to homepage slider and websites slider
- Added a "Shortcodes Reference" box in the new post admin page. Super convenient!
- Responsive Design changes:
- Fixed rendering of the search input in Firefox for the mobile design, again. Should stick this time.
- Made the artwork portfolio look somewhat nicer on the reponsive design
- Changes for the contact form when less than 960px wide
- Made the "About me" image centred and styled like the centred images in the blog
Version 1.3 - 2011-08-01
- Fixed search input rendering in Firefox for the mobile display
- Added +1 buttons to portfolio colourbox popups (dbaines.js)
- Added +1 buttons to websites loop
Version 1.2 - 2011-07-31 (double day update!)
- Fixed the 1.1 date
- Figure HTML5 elements for wp-captions
- Figure HTML5 elements for tutorial post thumbnails
- Figure elements for code blocks, adding caption option to codebox shortcode
- HTML5 form fields for comments form
- Removed some vendor prefixes for some box shadows and rounded corners as the major browsers now use non-vendor-prefixes.
- Fixed some more inconsistent typography
- New WordPress Theme Options:
- Google +1 "count" bubbles on/off
- Footer Text
- Comments Intro
- Laid groundwork for WYSIWYG editors in theme options page, still a bit buggy.
Version 1.1 - 2011-07-31
- Reponsive Design changes for <960 and <600 wide
- <600 wide is optimised for mobile devices
- Pseudoelement CSS icons for subsection (dark grey area) and post meta icons
- Fixed some inconsistent typography
- Added GooglePlus and Forrst Icon to homepage
- Plugins.js for minified plugins
- jQuery from Google CDN, Updated to 1.6.2
- Added rel="me" to links to my profiles on things
- Re-arranged functions.php, cleaned up, separated large chunks in to manageable files (ie. functions.shortcodes.php)
- Removed Facebook Likes
- Added Google +1 Buttons
- WordPress Options Page!
- Google +1 Buttons on/off
- Updated login css to reflect changes in WordPress 3.2
- First Release